These are some of my all-time favorite resources on software engineering.
- “7 Patterns to Refactor Fat ActiveRecord Models”
- “Agile is Dead (Long Live Agility)”
- “Choose Boring Technology”
- “Design Stamina Hypothesis”
- “Introducing BDD”
- “Manifesto for Agile Software Development” - originally, this is all agile was supposed to be. Really!
- “Mocks Aren’t Stubs” - note that this article prefers classical TDD to mockist TDD, but I advocate mockist TDD
- “Principles of OOD”
- “Test Isolation is About Avoiding Mocks”
- Clean Code
- Growing Object-Oriented Software Guided by Tests
- Practical Object-Oriented Design in Ruby
- The Pragmatic Programmer